I am a practical, interactive, and compassionate professional dedicated to helping clients find solutions. When collaborating with clients on their needs, and with sensitivity and a genuine concern for their well-being, a therapist can help others build on strengths to identify and achieve their goals in personal growth and healing.
After having spent 8 years as a public school teacher and psychometrist, I transitioned to the field of behavioral health and have received extensive training over the course of my career. My continued training is focused on evidence-based, trauma-informed material designed to maximize the opportunity for clients to experience transformative change.
Focused areas of specialty:
* Military Community/Veteran Stresses
* First Responders Issues
* Couples needing marital repair
* Adults with trauma recovery needs
Always seeking to gain more insights I can offer to others, I keep my reading room stocked with great books to inspire and bring hope!
Bachelor of Science (Special Education) and Master of Science (Applied Behavioral Studies) from Oklahoma State University.
My trainings include:
* Certified Gottman 7 Principles Leader Trainer for Making Marriages Work
* Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
* Licensed Professional Counselor -Supervisor (Oklahoma)
* Principles in Emotion-Focused Therapy
* PsychArmor Institute - ongoing training in military-culture
Copyright © 2017 chriscannida - All Rights Reserved.